Sunday, September 25, 2016

Let's Talk About Family and Friends

Let's Talk About Family and Friends

We don't really miss America yet and we don't have a desire to come home (#sorrynotsorry). As we start our 6th week in Kuwait, there is one thing that we cannot deny...we miss our people. We miss our family. We miss our friends. We miss our Sophie. 

We are thankful for the emails, snaps, text messages, and phone calls that make the 7,546 mile distance more bearable. #loveya












Even though my heart slightly aches for our friends and family, I really like the people we have met here in Kuwait. Some married, some not, some American, some not. Some who have taught in cool places like Paraguay, and some who have just started the international teaching journey. We have Canadian friends (this was so shocking because I've never actually met anyone from Canada before lol). We have East coast and West coast friends, friends from London, South Africa, and everywhere in between. The world got really small when we met someone from Rockwall, Texas...of all places! We have the same mindset and similar goals, and we love spending time with them. #gypsysouls









3 comments:

  1. Praise God that he has added to your circle of family and friends!
    Love transcends through walls, borders, cities, and states!
    Love is unconditional, and does not have to always be around you 24/7.
    I love all of my family, but I'm not able to always be in the same room, or under the same roof!
    I'm that unique one who's presence is not around the dinner table, but I love my family enough to pray continuously for them, to ask God to richly bless them, to ask God to save their souls, and most of all, to protect everyone that they may stay safe!
    I love you guys! May God continue to bless and keep you safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cool when you're so far away from home and start meeting other people from all across the world. Glad to see you guys are enjoying the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am beyond thrilled that your friendships are flourishing and that you're not bound by your American way of life. Continue the adventure!

    ReplyDelete